I just wanted to say I was able to get my DOS-based games working!!! Thanks for the help. It took awhile for me to find time to concentrate enough to go through with it. I really appreciate you guys! There were 3 options, and this one worked for me:
*If the issue continues to occur, copy the Autoexec.nt and Config.nt files from the Repair folder in Windows to the System folder. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type c:\windows\repair, and then click OK.
2. Right-click autoexec.nt, and then click Copy.
3. Click Start, click Run, type c:\windows\system32, and then click OK.
4. Right-click anywhere in that folder, and then click Paste.
5. Right-click the Autoexect.nt file that you just copied, and then click Properties.
6. Click to select Read-Only, and then click OK.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 to copy the Config.nt file.
Note You must enable Read-Only permissions or the files will be removed after you restart Windows.