Hi Freethinker, I think this forum will do well. As far as recovery goes for me, the absolute hardest thing to over come is the “Family Mindset” and just when I think there isn’t anymore and I have finally gotten away from it all, something else pops up, it may not be a big thing, but significantly wrong never the less. I think the greatest detriment to recovery is “Denial” being unwilling to look at things as they really are or the mistaken idea that you don’t have any of those old Family ideas anymore. Maybe you have, seen a lot and gotten rid of a lot of those ideas, but if a person is truly sincere and not in Denial they will be open to seeing the old family way of thinking that they still have when it appears. Rickey discovered that in his last post, which was reposted on Open House. Is that understandable? A few examples and maybe you or others can add to the list:
1. Thinking you are part of the elite and that others are below you.
2. Looking at people like systemites or how can they help YOU.
3. Being afraid to do anything for fear it isn’t what you should be doing.
4. Having that old “Condemning attitude”
5. Feeling that you are NOW a useless person, with no value or worth.